Sunday, March 6, 2016

why did I ported my Airtel sim to Vodafone?

Bang! 4G the latest generation of Internet!
I thought the same. That's why I ported my reliance sim to Airtel because Airtel was providing 4G spectrum in Mumbai. But I was very much disappointed by the Airtel 4G. As 4G was there in Mumbai. My smartphones was supporting the 4G. I took 4G enabled sim too. But I had no 4G network in my phone.
Shit!
I called CC of Airtel and they said your phone's Band doesn't support our LTE band. LTE basically means 4G. Band are the different Mhz spectrum of LTE.
Wait but my phone didn't supported the Airtel 4G band.
My supports band till BAND 21.
And Airtel had band 40. Which was supported by the low end new 4G phone.
But Airtel told me to wait for some months we're working on it. But I still doubt that.
Well finally good news arrived Vodafone is launching 4G in Mumbai till end of march and more than that it has band 3 spectrum.
So I decided to port my sim and did.
If you have same problem you have the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment